We recommend that you apply for your passport 2 months before submitting your application to travel. Many of Venture for Change's deadlines for applications and payment are in March. This means that you should be applying for your Passport in January.
You can complete and print your passport application online or you can go to your local Post Office and pick one up.
To locate a post office near you click the link.
Make sure you are up to date on routine vaccinations (link)
Make sure you have be vaccinated for Hepatitis A and Typhoid.
There are the two main vaccinations that we recommend you can before traveling to Nepal.
To learn more about both of these vaccinations click the link.
- WATER BOTTLE *
- HEADLAMP *
- CONVERTER *
- PHONE CHARGER *
- POWER BANK
- CAMELBACK HYDRATION PACK
- SMALL TRAVEL PILLOW
- WATERPROOF DRAW BAG
- SLEEPING BAG
- ENO (OPTIONAL)
- PASSPORT *
- PRINTED COPY OF PASSPORT AND LICENSE *
- 1 LARGE CHECKED BAG (50 POUND MAX)
- DAY PACK (30 LITER MAX)
- SMALL CLEAR TRAVEL BAG OR QUART-SIZED ZIPLOCK BAG(WALMART HAS THEM)
(inside travel bag )
Tooth brush, Toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, wet wipes, off bug spray, eye drops, hand sanitizer
- RAIN JACKET *
- WATER PROOF HIKING SHOES *
- SANDALS (CHACOS) *
- 5 HIKING SOCKS
- 2 HIKING PANTS *
- 2 SHORTS (MIDTHIGH OR LONGER NO RUNNING SHORTS)
- 3 JEANS
- 10-15 T-SHIRTS
- 1 FLANNEL SHIRT
- 1 FLEECE JACKET OR SWEATER
- 1 SWIM-SUIT
- 1 PAJAMAS
- 1 SET OF "NICE" CLOTHS FOR FORMAL OCCASIONS IF OCCURS